“Unleashing the Power of Secure Chips: How Intel and Google Cloud Collaborated to Expose 10 Vulnerabilities”
Intel and Google Cloud are teaming up to enhance the security of cloud operations. The tech giants have collaborated to develop Confidential Computing, a cloud service that will use new chips from Intel that are designed to protect passwords, other sensitive data and applications.
The Confidential Computing service has its roots in Intel’s Software Guard Extension technology, which isolates sensitive data and controls access to that data to prevent disclosure or modification. It has been used to secure everything from virtual machines to firmware at the hardware level. With this new chip, the Confidential Computing service will enhance borderless computing capabilities by protecting against side-channel exploits and more.
The Confidential Computing service will be showcased at the Google Cloud Next event in San Francisco, which starts tomorrow. The Silicon Valley giant has been looking to boost its cloud credentials with increased security, an issue that is crucial for cloud customers. Other recent collaborations include the partnership between Google Cloud and Palo Alto Networks on secure platform integrations that address cloud-based cybersecurity threats.
Cloud security has long been a concern for businesses, but this partnership assures customers of added protection on the cloud as opposed to traditional servers. Confidential Computing is likely to gain attention in today’s era of high-profile data breaches and privacy concerns. The collaboration between tech giants such as Google Cloud and Intel highlights the need for consistent innovation to stay ahead of the ever-evolving security landscape.
– Intel and Google cloud have developed the Confidential Computing service to enhance the security of cloud operations.
– The Confidential Computing service will utilize the new chips from Intel that are meant to protect data and applications.
– The service will showcase at the Google Cloud Next event in San Francisco to boost Google’s credibility with increased security.
– The partnership addresses cloud-based cybersecurity threats and assures customers of added protection on the cloud.
– The collaboration highlights the need for continuous innovation to stay ahead of the ever-evolving security landscape.